Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A couple of thoughts on Anime Blogs in general...

During the last couple of days while I have been busy reinvigorating this blog I got to looking around the net at other Anime/Manga blogs out there, and I noticed one trend, almost all of them had the same information.


What I found was that they all had information about new releases in Japan and what was being picked up for release in the west, with very little variation. For me thats a bit of a downer, as much as I am looking for news, I am looking for opinions and articles as well, its making me realize how I want to make this blog different and cater to another side of fandom.

That begs the question, how will it be different?

I am going to try and focus more on reviews and articles, and opinion pieces than I am news. Of course I am going to get news out to my loyal readers, but there will be a greater emphasis on homegrown content than stuff that can be gleaned just anywhere. Its going to be a challenge, but I believe that in the long run its going to make for a better experience for my readers.

Have thoughts or comments? Please leave them below, I promise that I will try to repsond to as many as I can.

Later!

No comments: