Thursday, April 17, 2008

Turning 30 and fandom...

So yesterday I turned 30, the big 30, down the hill from here, my life is over right? So why don't I feel that way...

I was sitting here reading the first volume of Mamotte Shugogetten [full review to be posted later today] and realized that not only don't I feel old, but I feel young in so many ways. This blog has helped me recaptuire my fandom from long ago, and see it in a different light than the way I used to.

When I was a teenager I saw Anime/Manga as a form of escaping a life that I didn't want, and hated, it was easier to slip into these fake worlds than deal with my own. I fell for the romantic comedies because I was alone, the violent ones becasuse I was angry, and some just because I felt wierd.

Now coming back after about 8 years of a dark age I have found that I am attracted to all the same things, but for the greater stories and art, the ability to tell ones own stories through such a beautiful medium, with age comes wisdom, with age comes more enjoyment.

No comments: